Sign in to follow this  
Nblyler19

Runelocus Toplist

Can anyone tell me how ikov, #1, has almost 43k votes and #2 Alora has like 4.3k votes. Theres a really big difference right there and im positive there is some multi/vpn voting going on there. Its obvious

Unfortunately i'm not sure if these guys care

I know they have A LOT of players and last time it was discussed the votes were appropriate for the player count. When the hype for Ikov dies out, it'll return back to normal. Due to our latest improvements to the anti-cheating systems, it's much harder to gain an effective amount of cheated votes. It's still technically possible, but it's made ineffective unless really done at MASSIVE scale. Which in turn would be noticed by our random sweeps and mitigated. I think it's fair to say that the numbers currently on our toplist are representative. I'm unaware of anyone currently being able to effectively bypass our anti-cheating. When @Ikiliki returns from vacation, perhaps he can give more insights.

Hey @Nblyler19,

Sorry for the late response, I was on vacation like @Arix says.

The first question that comes to my mind when reading this is topic is:
"If Ikov did cheat, don't you think it'd make more sense to cheat +/- 100 votes above #2?"
I mean, why would someone cheat 56k votes above the #2 that has 'just' 9k votes? Doing that would be extremely stupid, I'd be able to learn and block the votes 10x easier.

Don't get me wrong, I fully understand your way of thinking. It indeed might seem very odd, a brand new server receiving so many votes. More than we've seen in... years?

I need to be honest though: there's nothing cheated on Ikov's votes. I can even see that the majority of votes are made by known/returning visitors of RuneLocus who've been voting for other servers in the past 3-4 months.

Next to that I must say Elkoy (= Ikov) had one of the best reputations when it comes to votes. In the days our anti-cheating system wasn't this good and there were a lot of cheaters on top, Elkoy was one of the few that didn't bother cheating (even though it cost him many ranks). I hardly doubt it has ever come to his mind to cheat Ikov to the top of RuneLocus. Especially not with 56k votes above #2, haha.

Fact: the list is currently 'cleaner' than it has been in the past 12 years. The new captcha and the new systems we run behind the scenes have stopped all forms of cheating for at least 98%. There are still some bots around that require manual support on the captcha, but we're even able to detect most of those and remove them automatically after a few hours.

Also, we've been talking to multiple cheating services in the past weeks and they all consider RuneLocus uncheatable at this moment.

On 5/16/2019 at 9:57 AM, StevenAbraham said:

Unfortunately i'm not sure if these guys care

Unlike the rest, we do. A lot.

On 5/23/2019 at 3:07 PM, Ikiliki said:

Unlike the rest, we do. A lot.

I don't care he doesn't care.