Fuzenseth

Foxpaw - Epic 2D Action Adventure RPG For Mobile

Hello there, dear viewer! Welcome to the Foxpaw's development topic!

I have been now constantly programming a brand new mobile game that i'm planning to release first on beta for Android devices. And planning to dump here some of the development progress! Let's start by what we have already:

Also note that some of the updates & media seen here is in heavy development and could be fully changed in the future!

Frequently asked questions

1. Question: When will the game release? - Answer: I have not set on stone the release date but if the development keeps going in this pace it's safe to say 3-4 months.
  2. Question: Will this be a multiplayer mobile game? - Answer: It is a possibility, however the game will be launched as a local RPG game but it is not impossible to setup multiplayer.
  3. Question: What language has this game been programmed with? - Answer: C# Also known as 'C Sharp' https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C_Sharp_(programming_language)
  4. Question: What is the game engine being used for this game? - Answer: Unity 5 
  5. Question: How big is the development team? - Answer: The team is a one man legion which includes me!
  6. Question: Do you create the game assets yourself? - Answer: Some, the ones I don't cuts off incredible amounts of the development time. However most are free assets and paid assets and some are built up from the ground by me.
  7. Question: Will it be 'pay-to-win'? - Answer: Not really, but it will have a monetization with a free-to-play business model. I have to pay for my coffees somehow after all!
  8. Question: Can I get a beta key? - Answer: Every RuneLocus member will be able to get a beta key.
  9. Question: Will there be only one character to play? - Answer: No. There will be two characters which are foxes and you get to pick male or either female.
  10. Question: Is there going to be a discord server & how can I keep up with the game updates? - Answer: There will be a discord server, however I haven't made it yet, I will notify once it has been created. The updates currently can be seen only here.

Questions about this game are also more than welcome in the topic's comment section so feel free to ask anything.

Foxpaw's Update Log (Order: latest update spoilers are on top)

• Game Update - U.S: 8-15-2018 | EU 15.8.2018 - Gathering system!
Spoiler
  • Gathering system
  1. Interface that asks if the player wants to gather the specific item that has been found in the ground. Interface will open if player is in a correct distance from it and if too far the interface will automatically close.
  2. Added a interface where player is gathering with a visual timer of the total gather progress.
  3. Added item definition display to the gatherin interface.

• Other
  • Created game message system.
  • Added game message type: Item messages - with display of the icon that is being received and added to the inventory.
  • Item message sends amount of the item, name of the item, and the icon all this info is loaded from the item database!
  • More progress on shops, when specific shop id is being opened it will load the shop data such as name, items from a collection that is on json file. 
  • Shops have now selling method (price formula = item buy price / 1.75f (float))
  • Shops have now buy method and shop item slots. (Sadly i haven't visually yet started building this up due to other matters that needs to be added shops are quite easy to do so i'm focusing on other things for now)
  • InventoryInterface class is now seperated with Inventory class (wrote lite spaghetti to one file at the beggining due to testing & debugging)
  • Added such method & getter as for currencies
  • player.GetInventory().AddCurrency(Currency.GOLD, amount);
    AND
      player.GetInventory().GetCurrency(Currency.CLOVERS) > amount_we_want
    - there is currently 3 game currencies which are the following: gems, gold and clovers, however they are not 'visual items' such as the elemental ores, potions and such so those needed to be added little differently.

In matter of fact i've got this gathering system to such a far point that all there is left to do is to add more gathering items,  and fix up little the screen positions of the interfaces!

ZqM7AQZ.gif

• Game Update - U.S: 8-14-2018 | EU 14.8.2018
Spoiler
  • Multi combat targets
  • Fixed a memory leak & increased overall performance within the combat system credits/shoutout also to @Arix for informing to use a HashSet<object> collection for a small amount of quick object look-ups.
  • Changed combat text font still todo fading upon text disappear.
  • When attacking, stamina is consumed and if the amount is too low for next attack the attack wont be activated (stamina amount check).
  • Changed some colors on the game menu screen to make it more fitting & giving the dark vibes.

GIF (Multi Combat & cannot attack if no stamina / stamina being too low)
8x4Foqm.gif

Basic content currently IN the game (will add more in future because I definitely have forget some while writing this topic up! )

• Action combat system
  • Scaled level system with experience
  • NPC Combat AI - Still a total construction site but definitely getting there
  • Hitpoints for both NPC and player including updating in the UI
  • Basic attack mechanics for player 
  • Item database
  • Item Editor
  • Functional inventory with dragging items
  • JSON Shops with encryption & decryption (still needs the UI part but programming-wise complete)
  • Player data saving with encryption & decryption
  • Musics & Audio effects
  • Item tooltips (needs still little work when it comes to sending correct buttons for each items but almost completed)
  • Combat abilities (entire combat system supports it aswell)
  • Ability tooltips for each ability
  • Battle selection screen

--Media section--

Menu & Menu interfaces

• Main menu

2f2e89f1a65409795dc66983910c9c21.png

• Abilities & Ability equipment

bc8862537582ef028f0f4643ba5e4181.png

• Backpack / Inventory

ac49edecc03ee6966c9ddf5b32c5c5d1.png

• Options (basic game configuration) - Needs still a lot work but a base is a base!

bbf2f09e5610b0bd7cc9b54d959e985d.png

"In-Game"

• The combat system exists already and I must say that the sound & particle effects are definitely doing their trick, because it already feels very impactful at this such an early stage of development.

63ab3f8d606f400fb317c85570d0be53.png

Item Database editor

c057cb85604c89e9f2b6887d2ba8ead9.png

Gyazo GIF media (short videos)

Overall  menu:

nsmyAIS.gif

Combat - the yellow text is crit I obviously manipulated the crit rate very high haha.

uqmprWb.gif

If you have read this all I want to thank you for your time and hope you have found this interesting and even maybe planning to join to the beta. Comments and questions are very welcome to this topic so feel free to!

Edited by Fuzenseth
Game Update - U.S: 8-15-2018 | EU 15.8.2018 - Gathering system!

Goodluck with this! Looks very cool. Do you have a website or anything for it yet?

33 minutes ago, Altar said:

Goodluck with this! Looks very cool. Do you have a website or anything for it yet?

Unfortunately not yet, but one will be made! :) And thank you!

6 hours ago, Fuzenseth said:

Question: What language has this game been programmed with? - Answer: Java C#

Java C#?

Also well done!

7 hours ago, Arix said:

Java C#?

Also well done!

Ty! and fixd typo :D 

Edited by Fuzenseth

Added Game Update - U.S: 8-14-2018 | EU 14.8.2018

Added Game Update - U.S: 8-15-2018 | EU 15.8.2018 - Gathering system!

Good luck, looks promising.