Dally

Revert to vbulletin

Can runelocus switch back to vbulletin? I notice a lot of posts are screwed up from the ipb switch. The URL tags, spoilers etc are all screwed up especially for older useful posts/releases.

if not has the team thought about fixing it?

I honestly have no idea how to solve those posts that are still broken. On the other hand, switching back to vBulletin just to fix those old 3+ year old posts is a terrible idea haha. Easier said than done, it'll cause trouble.

3 hours ago, Ikiliki said:

I honestly have no idea how to solve those posts that are still broken. On the other hand, switching back to vBulletin just to fix those old 3+ year old posts is a terrible idea haha. Easier said than done, it'll cause trouble.

A bot that "edits" all posts will trigger the conversion. However images etc with [ img ] will not be converted I think. Who knows. A better way would be to parse the database entries and salvage whatever we can.

3 hours ago, Arix said:

A bot that "edits" all posts will trigger the conversion. However images etc with [ img ] will not be converted I think. Who knows. A better way would be to parse the database entries and salvage whatever we can.

Image tags will be converted.

@Ikiliki very good point, just wasn’t sure. Hopefully it gets fixed soon :) 

Knowing RLs luck shit would crash and we'd have to completely restart again xd

Would it be to tiresome to pick out useful posts that are still relevant and just manually edit them? Even just the top 5% of the most popular posts would probably be very useful. 

On 2018-05-29 at 12:42 PM, StevenAbraham said:

Would it be to tiresome to pick out useful posts that are still relevant and just manually edit them? Even just the top 5% of the most popular posts would probably be very useful. 

Haha yeah