Sign in to follow this  
Lation

What happened to RuneLocus?

Let's begin by saying; this is in no way a diss on this community and/or website in anyway.

But I have been playing/involved in RSPS for about 9 years. RuneLocus used to be buzzing with popularity. There was a crap load more activity than there is today. I was absent from the RSPS scene for the last 5 years due to.. life being life. I've come back and now it's.. crickets. Am I missing something? Are RSPS's not as popular as they used to be 5 years ago? What caused this? 

Sheer curiosity. I just don't understand.

Well, you can play 07 legit now. Back when this place was poppin you couldn't. Also, another big factor is ppl grew up and grew out of it. Got lives.

You answered your own question. You left the RSPS scene due to 'life being life'. Not many people come back when they have actual responsibilities, an actual job, a family. Not many people want to spend there spare time during all this playing an RSPS. Not many people randomly think 5 years later 'Yeah you know what, I'm going to create a Runescape private server today!!'

Edited by Fallout

RSPS is dead. There's not many people providing knowledge, assistance, ... and many people without a clue. How are they supposed to get things going? RSPS used to be much simpler. Now it's quite complicated.

All really good answers, makes sense. Just a shame to see what was once such an awesome and exciting community finally on it's last leg. Or so it seems. RSPS was a blast back then, haha!

On 3/17/2018 at 9:36 AM, IamLation said:

All really good answers, makes sense. Just a shame to see what was once such an awesome and exciting community finally on it's last leg. Or so it seems. RSPS was a blast back then, haha!

It sure was a blast!  I felt like it was a zoo - so many communities and active members on every site.

On 3/27/2018 at 11:18 PM, Rog3r said:

It sure was a blast!  I felt like it was a zoo - so many communities and active members on every site.

Yeah man, good times haha

RSPS died for a big 90%, that's the main cause.

1 hour ago, Ikiliki said:

RSPS died for a big 90%, that's the main cause.

What do you mean?

17 hours ago, IamLation said:

What do you mean?

The RSPS scene lost like 80 - 90% of its users in the past years. That is the main reason why inactivity dropped a lot.