Sign in to follow this  
Setup

Operating Systems

Hello,

I've been thinking a lot about operating systems and what makes each of them better than the other. I believe it comes down to personal preference, however I'd like to compare each other the following operating systems:

• Windows 10
  • Mac OS
  • Chrome OS
  • Other Linux based operating systems.

TLDR

Linux - Obv the goto for Servers, Desktop improved a lot over last few years. Not tech illiterate friendly.

Windows - Desktop - > Goto OS for everybody, General Development + Design work, Gaming

Mac - Nice looking Desktop - > Goto OS for everybody,  General Development + Design Work

Chrome OS - meme

Edited by Fallout

Windows is obviously the best daily driver if you use a wide variety of programs & games.

For everything else, Mac is just an alternative to Windows, with less configurability for the clueless. But it looks shiny.

Linux is for those that are anti-Windows (if you use it for the desktop). It's really only good for development. Maybe the odd game. Besides that, the command-line is the most powerful and its inner workings are mostly very efficient and stable. So, very good for server purposes. Also, it's the base of nearly everything that is not Windows!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JavaOS

Windows - Business, gaming, accessible

Linux -  Developer,  confusing for most

Mac - expensive 

• Windows 10 - thumbs up
  • Mac OS - complicated
  • Chrome OS - 
  • Other Linux based operating systems. - open source