Sign in to follow this  
Dally

Some suggestions

Hey guys haven't really paid attention to RuneLocus in a long time and just started using it again. I have some suggestions that possibly would be neat or some changes that could be taken into consideration? :) 

So anyways, I noticed like 3 or 4 people are online at max a day (but hundreds visit.) So its really dead. I think these suggestions help.

-Newer ranks/colors/glows/crowns (Extreme donor, super donor, reg donor etc)

-Switch back to vBulletin or change to xFerno? Some cool themes they got!

-Possibly take on a web developer (paid or free) im willing to help out. But have the team approve work before published. 

-Have brand new logo

-Take out the rank legend thing at the bottom. (Change names of ranks too so have them say Moderator or Admin etc) 

-Use rs2ads to advertise this site across servers/other communities (really cheap)

-Have section affiliates permissions (for purchase) so someone could purchase a section just for their rsps, but only have a few like 2 a month)

-More staff (that is right for the job, in my point of view @StevenAbraham has been well known possibly could be good for the job)

-Have a discord channel.

-Have a runelocus rsps

-Custom navbar for the site (i could add one for no charge, got a few ideas in mind can show previous work)

- More rsps tools

-Have a toplist theme match the entire forum theme same with homepage

- Less sections or maybe more 

-More profile customizations like cover photos

-More emoticons

-More store items (more money in for the owner)

Edited by Dally

8 hours ago, Dally said:

I don't agree with this.

8 hours ago, Dally said:

Yes.

8 hours ago, Dally said:

-Possibly take on a web developer (paid or free) im willing to help out. But have the team approve work before published. 

Ikiliki can do this better.

8 hours ago, Dally said:

Have brand new logo

No use.

8 hours ago, Dally said:

-Take out the rank legend thing at the bottom. (Change names of ranks too so have them say Moderator or Admin etc) 

What's the use of this? lol

8 hours ago, Dally said:

-Use rs2ads to advertise this site across servers/other communities (really cheap)

Agreed.

8 hours ago, Dally said:

-Have section affiliates permissions (for purchase) so someone could purchase a section just for their rsps, but only have a few like 2 a month)

No lol.

8 hours ago, Dally said:

-More staff (that is right for the job, in my point of view @StevenAbraham has been well known possibly could be good for the job)

I agree @StevenAbraham deserves it the most but this site is not that active for 3 moderators ( total ) atm.

8 hours ago, Dally said:

Have a discord channel.

RuneLocus already have a server discord and it's dead asf.

8 hours ago, Dally said:

-Have a runelocus rsps

I don't think so they are motivated that much to do this.

8 hours ago, Dally said:

-Custom navbar for the site (i could add one for no charge, got a few ideas in mind can show previous work)

I don't know what you're talking about lol.

8 hours ago, Dally said:

More rsps tools

Like what?

8 hours ago, Dally said:

White color suits with toplist and black suits with forums.

8 hours ago, Dally said:

Less sections is better because to keep them active since there's less activity here.

8 hours ago, Dally said:

Cover photos = donators.

8 hours ago, Dally said:

-More emoticons

Uh okay but no use for this.

8 hours ago, Dally said:

Like what?

I don't think so they can afford for somethings you've mentioned there. Some weeks ago I suggested to hire some huge gaming youtubers and upload their promo video on their channels but they just ignored what I said.

Edit:

P.S: 

8 hours ago, Dally said:

So anyways, I noticed like 3 or 4 people are online at max a day

you're wrong... " WHO WAS ONLINE   81 USERS WERE ONLINE IN THE LAST 24 HOURS   (MOST MEMBERS EVER ONLINE IN 24 HOUR WAS 85, LAST ACCOMPLISHED ON 7 HOURS AGO.) "

" WHO'S ONLINE   6 MEMBERS, 0 ANONYMOUS, 470 GUESTS (SEE FULL LIST) "

2 hours ago, Azeem said:

Edit:

P.S: 

you're wrong... " WHO WAS ONLINE   81 USERS WERE ONLINE IN THE LAST 24 HOURS   (MOST MEMBERS EVER ONLINE IN 24 HOUR WAS 85, LAST ACCOMPLISHED ON 7 HOURS AGO.) "

" WHO'S ONLINE   6 MEMBERS, 0 ANONYMOUS, 470 GUESTS (SEE FULL LIST) "

But whos ever online in the sb lol 

2 hours ago, Azeem said:

I don't agree with this.

Yes.

Ikiliki can do this better.

No use.

What's the use of this? lol

Agreed.

No lol.

I agree @StevenAbraham deserves it the most but this site is not that active for 3 moderators ( total ) atm.

RuneLocus already have a server discord and it's dead asf.

I don't think so they are motivated that much to do this.

I don't know what you're talking about lol.

Like what?

White color suits with toplist and black suits with forums.

Less sections is better because to keep them active since there's less activity here.

Cover photos = donators.

Uh okay but no use for this.

Like what?

I don't think so they can afford for somethings you've mentioned there. Some weeks ago I suggested to hire some huge gaming youtubers and upload their promo video on their channels but they just ignored what I said.

If you see my login screens, and past UI/web work you'd know what I'm good at. I work with IPB often. Can't say Ikiliki can do better when I'm the one who suggested for them to change to ipb a long ass time ago, shouldnt judge a book by its cover.  I was stating a new navbar as in replace the shit default ipb navbar with a custom one i make in photoshop then code in with html. The current theme is just a simple ips theme with color/bg changes. I'm a donor and dont even got the custom cover photo option. I don't like the white toplist, it blurs my eyes going back and forth between dark and light. More emojis idk just shits and giggles tbh.

And as said i havent been here in a while, always been at rune-server which their shit staff but they got some decent stuff that keeps them active with thousands of people daily. But see how it says 600+ guests visit. But how many actual members visited? 6.

Edited by Dally

13 hours ago, Dally said:

If you see my login screens, and past UI/web work you'd know what I'm good at. I work with IPB often. Can't say Ikiliki can do better when I'm the one who suggested for them to change to ipb a long ass time ago, shouldnt judge a book by its cover.  I was stating a new navbar as in replace the shit default ipb navbar with a custom one i make in photoshop then code in with html. The current theme is just a simple ips theme with color/bg changes. I'm a donor and dont even got the custom cover photo option. I don't like the white toplist, it blurs my eyes going back and forth between dark and light. More emojis idk just shits and giggles tbh.

And as said i havent been here in a while, always been at rune-server which their shit staff but they got some decent stuff that keeps them active with thousands of people daily. But see how it says 600+ guests visit. But how many actual members visited? 6.

You seem talented at website development.

I agree, Rune-server's staff is corrupt & toxic. 

On 8/20/2017 at 9:31 AM, Dally said:

You calling Iki Kevy m8?

Edited by Sosolid2kk

On 8/20/2017 at 8:31 AM, Dally said:

My responses in red and green

Hey guys haven't really paid attention to RuneLocus in a long time and just started using it again. I have some suggestions that possibly would be neat or some changes that could be taken into consideration? :) 

So anyways, I noticed like 3 or 4 people are online at max a day (but hundreds visit.) So its really dead. I think these suggestions help.

I don't see how colors will translate into traffic

lmao, migration broke half the forums and you want to migrate back to the old, outdated software? IPB services fits RL's needs the best imo, even if it can be a bit janky at times. Also RuneLocus uses custom themes, so switching software based on theme availability doesn't really make sense.

What web development needs to be done? If you have any ideas as to what this webdeveloper would do, that might be a better suggestion.

-Have brand new logo

Consistency is good for branding. Plus I fail to see how a logo change will translate into traffic 

I fail to see how changing rank names translates into traffic. Plus we don't have moderators, we have coordinators. A moderator moderates content, a coordinator coordinates content. They have different names because they do different things. (TBF they haven't done much "coordinating" in a while)

RuneLocus is a toplist and advertising website. Why would we put out an advertisement for our advertising website. Besides, when you google "rsps" Runelocus is the first result.

This one accually isn't a completely terrible idea. On R-S the affiliates draw attention to both the R-S forums and the server. They basically share members. People will randomly browse the affiliates section and might see something that interest them in the server. Alternatively someone from the server might post to the affiliates board to share something funny in game, or enter a contest or something, then decide they like the community and stay. Unfortunately this is R-S' s thing and doesn't really fit on runelocus imo.

Steven4mod2k17 /s the four active runelocus members follow the rules pretty well, so I don't think we need more mods. Plus i'd be a terrible mod, I spam for post count and beg for awards

-Have a discord channel.

We has, but I also agree this could be promoted a bit more. I also think the people already in the discord should make an effort to make it more active. Nothing wrong with sharing a dope meme when the chat has been silent for a while or even hanging out in voice chat alone for a bit. When people see you are online they will join you, thats how discords get started.

-Have a runelocus rsps

No, i shouldn't even have to explain why this is a terrible idea. That being said, I check out a lot of rsps to give feedback or have some fun, and it would be pretty cool if some roonlocus bros checked em out with me. Kinda like a rotation/server of the month kinda dealio

We has

- More rsps tools

This is a fantastic idea, but what tools do you have in mind? It's easy to say we need more of something good, the better suggestion would be to suggest a specific tool that you want and we can see if the community or some of our talented developers can make is happen.

This is also a fantastic idea, and I agree completely

this isn't even a suggestion, wtf

we has

-More emoticons

no reason but I want some donator exclusive emoticons please. i didnt pay two fiddy for nothing

ikiliki doesn't rely on runelocus for income, and any features you would want to add in a store should probably be shared to all members

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

love you too anthony