Neytorokx

Developer looking for work. (Read fully)

Hello everyone! First things first, I'm a Java and web programmer with 6+ years of experience in both. I'm capable of building and setting up websites from scratch and making them work with the server. (High Scores and leaderboards, for example.) I've had my ins and outs with RSPS development, mainly in the form of getting side-tracked by life, but am looking to get back into the game to give me something new to do. I do not develop for money so much as for the feedback of staff and players. I very much enjoy working on an update and releasing it to get feedback. Most of my experience has been around the 317-639 revisions, but adjusting shouldn't be too difficult considering I'm going to need to relearn some things anyway. I'm hoping to get on board a functioning and fairly active server. Please do not come to me with new projects. As much as I hate to be picky, I'd rather not go down that path again. If you have a good team and something going, give it a shot and we can talk it out! I'm an open minded person. ^^

Pros:

- 6+ years of experience with Java, xHTML/HTML, PHP, MySQL.

- Have worked with Runescape Private Servers in the past and co-owned/co-developed one.

- Great problem solving skills.

- Great with teams and good at following orders.

- I'm very trustworthy. I won't stab you in the back unless you stab me first. (Even then I probably won't. I'd probably just quit. >.<)

- Experience with Eclipse, Netbeans, Glassfish, Apache, Android Studio, and some with GIT. 

Cons:

- I'm a bit rusty with RSPS's as I've been out of it for a while, but I refer you to the 3rd Pro.

- I'm a very busy man. I'm currently working 30-40 hours and am in the process of starting my own company that requires me to write code as well. I will, on the other hand, ALWAYS find time to get some level of work done and attend as many meetings as possible.

- Not a client dev. I've never really been one for client work. I can do small things if given the appropriate amount of time, but major things will need to be dealt with by another developer.

Things I'd want in return for working for you:

- Admin rank in the server, mainly for developmental purposes.

- Other things may be asked for in the future, but that stuff can be dealt with it arises.

Contact info:

- Email: [email protected]

- Discord: Neytorokx#8707

- Message me through Runelocus.

- The comment section below.

Thanks for reading! I'm looking forward to hearing from some of you. ^^

You seem very talented & trustworthy.

Good luck mate.

6 hours ago, jordydragon said:

Why don't you just make your own server? xd

You can't java, your here to post.

???

Not going to lie, your pros and cons do not make me want to contact you. Everything you listed, an intermediate programmer is capable of doing. You may claim 6+ years of experience, but it must be self-taught experience; that is not very appealing. I code as a hobby, and I feel as though it's safe to say that you and I are clearly on a different level. If you'd like to prove me wrong, please provide example code of your capabilities. If you're unsure of what to provide, please private message me and I can give you examples of what I, personally, would expect from a developer.

What I'm trying to say, your Q&A is very vague. If I were apart of a recruitment team for a company, I would not call you. No offense :) Just be a bit more descriptive!

Edited by Gemu

2 hours ago, Gemu said:

Not going to lie, your pros and cons do not make me want to contact you. Everything you listed, an intermediate programmer is capable of doing. You may claim 6+ years of experience, but it must be self-taught experience; that is not very appealing. I code as a hobby, and I feel as though it's safe to say that you and I are clearly on a different level. If you'd like to prove me wrong, please provide example code of your capabilities. If you're unsure of what to provide, please private message me and I can give you examples of what I, personally, would expect from a developer.

What I'm trying to say, your Q&A is very vague. If I were apart of a recruitment team for a company, I would not call you. No offense :) Just be a bit more descriptive!

LoneHalfGraywolf-max-1mb.gif

Do you use IntelliJ?

I do! Mostly. I also use Eclipse and NetBeans.