Gemu

[Beta] Pauper: Properly Unique

Player-Owned Houses Released!

• Every object available to construct
  • Every room available to construct
  • Houses cost 500k gp and can be accessed from any house portal throughout the world
  • Many house objects are able to be interacted with
  • Will soon be the only way to get the +300% bonus exp for prayer from the gilded altar
  • Walls and roofs automatically Yanille white brick, and no options to change it as of yet
  • Very expensive skill if you're buying all the materials
  • Marble blocks now unlimited items in the GE costing a whopping 326k each

vRMK45U.png
W3D1iXV.png
Taxmgn3.png
TcKBLA8.png

Miscellaneous Updates:

• Over 400 objects available to be used throughout various cities, and general locations all over the world
    • Taverly Dungeon now available
    • Smoke Dungeon now available
    • Thieve's Guild now accessible
    • Lumbridge Swamp Dungeon now available
    • Canoes now available
    • Baths in Oo'glog and their effects available
    • Artisan's Workshop in Falador started
    • Cockroack tunnels now available in Edge
      HyGyBUl.png
      DVlsgBI.png
      WfXWMDA.png
      • A chest located inside that will reward players one time
      • A side note to this: monkey bars in the Edgeville Dungeon now work
        HgeMq8b.png
    • Over 100 new agility shortcuts added
    • Players no longer need a spade to access Barrows tunnels, they can use the spade objects on the mounds
  • Evil Trees now available
  • Star Sprite now has it's dialogue
Edited by Gemu

ALL FEATURES AND MEDIA HAVE BEEN REMOVED.

After editing the thread, Invision Power butchered the layout. I was trying to remove a few features to make way for new, more important features. After the edit, the layout I worked so hard for got ruined & not all the media was able to be displayed. This thread took me over 6 hours to create, and I cannot be asked to redo it (again). I greatly apologize for the inconvenience. Until Invision Power gets it's bullshit together, there will be no media in the immediate future. I will continue to post updates in the replies, but until IPS decides to fix it's editor, I will not bother. If you want to view the ad thread, you will need to visit Rune-Server. Again, I apologize for this inconvenience.

Thank you.

Edited by Gemu

Nex Update!

• Nex's Shadow Phase glitch patched, will now apply the unguardable damage correctly if the player is standing within melee distance for a period of time
    • The timer was lengthened from > 4 seconds, to > 7 seconds
    • The damage was lowered from up to 300, to up to 185 unguardable damage every second
    • Message stating "The shadows start to consume you!" added indicating when the player is affected by this skill
    • Moving outside of melee range will remove the status applied to any target player
  • Melee aggressivity increased during Shadow Phase

2thxeVa.png

Other Updates:

• Return statements added to many object handlers to stop the annoying "nothing interesting happens" comment appearing all the time
    • Got a lot of them, but I'm still missing quite a few. Am still trying to get them all catalogued, but I've made a start
  • Bones on altar now only available through Gilded Altars inside player-owned houses
  • Bones on altar no longer taxed
  • Receiving a free bonecrusher is still possible through bones on altar
  • Instanced dynamic regions planned for an immediate future update, so players can enter each other's houses

AVL3eq2.png
neelxm3.png

*Hotfix:
-Estate Agent & house portal spawned in Edgeville

Edited by Gemu

With a big thanks, and a big help, from our player Chi - I was able to finally officially patch our client.

Any member with any Java version will now be able to play Pauper unrestricted and without hassle. If you've had recent issues loading our client, and want to try us out, please come check us out:

u122.png

Edited by Gemu

Features and media have been restored.

2 minutes ago, Gemu said:

Features and media have been restored.

🧐

Bump :)

First thing's first, I understand updates are coming at an agonizing pace. To the people waiting & silently watching this project: I appreciate you, I see you. I know that I'm testing your patience everyday that passes. It's becoming a struggle to follow Pauper. I have good news coming to y'all soon, once I release a commentary to discuss a number of things. This will likely come on the upcoming Thursday, possibly Sunday.

Secondly, the people waiting on this - you're amazing. I sincerely appreciate you guys sticking around for so long. You guys must really support this if you're willing to be so patient with me. As per my appreciation, the first 1,200 accounts created will receive some rewards after the official launch. These rewards will scale based off the tier your bracket is in. For example, if you are in the first 10 accounts created, your reward will be significant in comparison to the 1,200th's reward. These rewards will likely be nothing too extreme, it won't be anything that'll be unnecessarily advantageous, just a noticeable thank-you.

Thanks for all your support, guys! Good news coming soon.

First off - I was so damn wired while shooting this video. Don't judge me :(

Secondly - I somehow butchered the quality of the video lol, but here you go!

Edited by Gemu

All links have been updated and Pauper has been brought back online. Development will resume shortly.

Starting tomorrow, December 3rd, I will be working on our latest and final update coming to the beta phase. This patch will be cleverly titled The Really Big Update. The reason development had been on pause since my last post to begin with was because I didn't have anything I needed to continue coding on this computer. However, I've got everything setup and ready to roll. The reason development hasn't started at the time of this post is because I'm waiting on my Dropbox to download over 18,000 files. This, unfortunately will have to occur overnight, as it dishes me one file at a time; rather than claiming it in bulk. So, as soon as my Dropbox has finished syncing, I will get started immediately once returning from work. I plan on working with extreme haste, as I did during Pauper's alpha testing stage. So, hopefully this means the patch will be up and ready to roll within a few weeks.

The Really Big Update will encapsulate all the remaining updates that need to be done before beta is over. I, fortunately, maintain quite a detailed list of future updates. I try to be as transparent as I can with this project & the community interested in this project. This is why I will be showing you the list of everything that needs to be patched before ending beta. The remaining updates are as follows:

• The Hands of Torment
    • This is the quest that will make Tormented Demons available. One must complete this quest partially in order to access the TD's lair. I've already got the plan mapped out for the dialogue, interactions, and etc. All that's left is to simply code this quest.
  • Add the Blast Furnace
    • We know why. ;)
  • Redesign IP logs, as well as add item dropped, item destroyed, item pick-up, and ;;empty command logs
    • Pauper offers extensive logs in the event of players acting naughty. The reason these will be necessary before the release of the server is because if your character/account gets punished - you have every right to see exactly why you were punished. We, the staff team, will always provide proof of violation to our Community Guidelines. This can vary between videos, screenshots, and the logs of everything we have stored.
  • Add a deposit box in the rune essence mine
    • This deposit box will only be accessible after the player completes the Runes in Peril quest.
  • Redo our title system
    • Currently, nearly the only acquirable titles must be purchased. Nearly. I plan on separating bought-titles and adding earned-titles. These will also be separated between combat and skilling, so there will be three sections of titles the player will be able to choose from.
  • Patch Corporeal Beast
    • If Corporeal Beast remains unharmed for too long, his HP will revert back to full. I just wanna say, this wasn't my bug, I didn't code this boss :/ I only worked on it's targeting a bit, before I ever knew about this bug!
  • Zahur's Potion Decanting Emporium!
    • An NPC named Zahur will decant potions! ...for a price ;)
  • Patch a bug with our Lodestone Network
  • Fix unspeared hobgoblins, they don't count towards your KC for one of our quests anymore! I broke them!
  • Wildy warning whilst entering KBD's lair
    • Yes, KBD in Pauper is located in the wilderness. However, our server doesn't warn the players of this! I've been yelled at by an angry player over this :(
  • Chaotic weaponry effects
    • Chaotics were a bit overpowered, so I took away some stats. Now they're a bit underpowered. But instead of balancing stats, I wanted to try something a bit unique! Each chaotic item will have an effect. These effects will be tested as follows:
      • Chaotic Rapier: Has the chance to make the opponent bleed for 3 seconds.
      • Chaotic Longsword: Has the chance of sapping the opponent's attack, strength, or defense and transfer said stolen stats to the wielder.
      • Chaotic Staff: Has the chance to boost magic level that will be based off the wielder's magic level, and causes them to reflect 50% of oncoming damage for 3 seconds.
      • Chaotic Maul: Has the chance to increase strength levels and stun the opponent for 2 seconds.
  • There are 7 NPCs which the players can safely AFK-farm Pauper Points - must patch
    • No, I will not list the 7 NPCs, I'm not that transparent!

Thank you!

Edited by Gemu