Gemu

[Beta] Pauper: Properly Unique

Update: Automated Donations & New Layout

• Donations are now completely automated, no need to wait for me to give your Membership
  • As always - we only offer a Membership status for donations, never any items
  • You may purchase Membership in intervals of 30 days, 60 days, or 90 days only
  • To receive your Membership after purchase, you simply need to log into Pauper
  • With the update of automated Membership, a new donation layout has been created
  • The new page is a much nicer design, and is very user friendly
  • Donations are handled via MySQL database, Membership is handled solely through internal server code

pTAZ5RF.png

Pauper has started getting to work on a Wiki! This has been a suggestion given to me on numerous occasions, and now that I've a few community members that are willing to help fill out the Wiki with me - I've finally gotten it started! So far, I've only written Corporeal Beast and Nex pages so that the community has a template to review in order to help them write their own pages. If you'd like to take a look at an example page of our Wiki, please take a look here: Nex | Pauper: Properly Unique Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia

I must note: Everything on that Wiki page was written by me. Nothing from the RSWiki was copied and pasted. On top of this, everything listed on that Wiki, Nex can actually do. :)

logo.png
Scaling Runes via Runecrafting

Hey there Pauperites,

As many of you probably know, the Runecrafting altars have been rather bland. Only double the runes for pure essence, and just one rune per rune essence. I'm here to tell everyone that these rates have been changed to be exactly how they're supposed to, with a bit of a twist. This update is just another one of many more to come that will have the skilling in Pauper be very in-depth. Again, as always, if anyone has more suggestions regarding the skilling in Pauper - we are more than open to hearing them, so please send them in!

Now, what's new with the Runecrafting?:

• Scaling Runes
    Runes will now scale based on your corresponding Runecrafting level. Such as, if a player has level 90 Runecrafting and uses an inventory of 24 pure essence, they will end up with 441 air runes. Well, how does it come to 441? To answer your question, we'd still like to keep pure essence somewhat valuable. They're limited in the Grand Exchange, so you have to mine or farm them to get them in the server. However, just like before, they're still worth double the runes. Which means, if you have 90 Runecrafting, 1 pure essence would be worth 18 air runes.
  • Nerfed Experience
    Runecrafting used to be one of the easiest skills to level due to such high rates beforehand. Now, they're a balanced and quite steady rate, as it should be. Now that the rates are nerfed on the altars, RuneSpan is the current best way to train Runecrafting. However, you can't make any money off of RuneSpan, less you sell your account after getting Master Runecrafter Robes, or something alike. Now that the runes scale, you can make a decent amount of money off of the altars for less experience.
Edited by Gemu

New Update:
Select which experience rates you play with! However, since Pauper is a server designed to be played on lower experience rates - our easiest rate is called Easy: it's only x65 combat experience, and x45 skilling experience. The rates we have available are:

• Easy: x65 combat, x45 skilling
  • Mediary: x40 combat, x30 skilling
  • Pauper: x12 combat, x8 skilling

How do I select my experience rates?
If you're starting a new character, this will easily be done by doing the Initiation quest upon login. However, if you're an ongoing player - all you need to do is login! The server no longer takes into account the old variable that it used to when searching for experience rates. When you login, your rates will be set to zero. However, it will initiate a dialogue that will ask you what you want your experience rates to be set as.

I've logged into the server, and I'm not getting a dialogue asking me to choose my rates...
Not to worry! Sometimes code can be a bit frustrating, not doing what you want it to do. I realize this, and so I kept safety measures in place to prevent any frustration from happening. If you aren't receiving a dialogue, simply type the command ;;rate and this will start your dialogue.

How do I show off my experience rates?
Using the same command you used to start your dialogue! Just type in ;;rate and your character will say, "My experience rates are: Easy/Mediary/Pauper" depending on which rates you chose.

What about drop rates?
Drop rates are completely unaffected by experience rates. Like I mentioned earlier, Pauper is a server that's designed to be played on low experience rates. On top of this, our economy is one of our strongest suits, and I do my best in avoiding anything that will damper that.

Referral URLs have been created in order to monitor the incoming traffic to decide which source is granting us the most. RuneLocus, your referral ID is 2100 - don't let me down!

Edited by Gemu

Bump! We have grown a little bit and might start focusing on gaining more of a community soon. However, we have directed some more attention towards the toplists and it's resulted nicely! We've now usually got 5-10 players online consistently! There has been more challenge in the wilderness and more competition in levels and highscores. If you played during early beta, I recommend you try it again now that we're a bit more polished and less "beta feeling"! :)

So far, since the month of December, RuneLocus has been our biggest referrer by a pretty wide margin! :)

Bump! My long hiatus of no-updates is finally coming to an end now that my schedule is clearing up :) Newest updates are as follows:

If any player is standing within melee range for 5 seconds or longer to Nex, that player will receive a message saying, "The shadows start to consume you!", dealing up to 300 unguardable damage per-second until the player is out of melee range.

EDIT: The quote above only applies for Nex's Shadow Phase.

• Glacors are no longer forced multi-combat, as it was too much to bare
  • Glacor aggressive distance has been lowered to 12 tiles
  • Tormented Demons are no longer available as slayer tasks until they are released
  • Demon Horn Necklace has been added properly
    • Effect applies with bonecrusher, making it a very useful item to wear for slayer tasks
    • Normal, burnt, monkey & wolf bones restore 10 prayer points per-bury
    • Big, zogre, jogre, shaikahan, & baby dragon bones restore 20 prayer points per-bury
    • Wyven bones restore 25 prayer points per-bury
    • Dragon, Fayrg, Raurg, Dagannoth, ourge, and frost dragon bones restore 30 prayer points per-bury
  • Nullpointer with impling catching has been patched
  • Various website updates for my own peace of mind
  • A certain quest dialogue started

More updates to come soon :) I'll also get a GIF for the new Nex ability to showcase rather soon.

Edited by Gemu

Recent updates, nothing special:

• Completionist hood stats now match max hood's stats
  • Slayer helmet and full slayer helmet have better stats than black mask
  • Barb-tail harpoon now works for every harpoon fishing spot
  • Altar runes' experience dropped whilst RuneSpan creatures & nodes experience increased
  • Undead soul now able to spawn on 3rd floor of RuneSpan
  • Essence pouches have been made to increase in intervals of 4 rather than 3
  • Slayer tasks are now able to be skipped using Slayer Points, Pauper Points, or GP

Recent updates:

• Harpoon fishing patched (would never end + could fish with bare hands, I'm an idiot that forgot to add a false return don't mind me :) )
  • Double catches now give double experience
  • Reorganized our many logs and categorized them
  • Redoing IP logs soon for better organization & timestamps
  • Will soon make drop, pickup, items deliberately destroyed logs, what items were removed using the ;;empty command, player-kill, & player-death logs
  • Players now able to see the amount Nex heals, any time she heals
  • Players can now see how many items are in their bank and how many slots they have left

Once I reinstall Photoshop, I will provide a GIF of the new Shadow Phase feature Nex has. I'll do it soon, but I always say "soon". :)

GXPi88H.png <- This feature is actually extremely easy to add. If anyone wants to add it to their server, here you go:

player.getPackets().sendGlobalConfig(192, getBankSize());
Edited by Gemu