RickJr

How To Start

I'm just wondering how i obtain the base to a RSPS and build it

You must download a client & server from here:

Please login or register to see this link.

Once downloaded, extract everything and launch using the included .bat files (run.bat) or whatever.

hire two coders at somewhere around 30$ per month or so with a double initial payment for their initial work. something like that, if you're serious. then advertise. 

There is an abhorrent lack of information on how to start a server. The most detailed information I can find is "run the included bat" and that's failing.

I don't need help port forwarding, I don't need help installing JDK, I don't need help installing Eclipse. I have the cache, I put it where I think it should go (and those errors stopped), but starting the client just crashes to a black screen. Eclipse reports an error after the client is done loading.

Server terminal doesn't report much, I was able to get the login connected

Please login or register to see this code.

But nothing after that. No indication the client connected at all, but I could imagine that is WAI as several thousand players would get very spammy.

I can't find any information on what "Index 12" is, what "minifs_console" is for, or how to get beyond this black screen.

Is there a tutorial out there that can at least list the steps of what to do with what? I'm not asking for someone to make a 100-page tutorial detailing everything, but removing all the irrelevant stuff (that is, stuff that isn't specific to Runescape like install JDK) it's a one-step process that isn't working. I just want something simple, but working.

For this purpose, debuggers exist. Since you are using Eclipse (:\), you can learn about the

Please login or register to see this link.

that will help you with your problems. Unfortunately there is no definitive answer to "my client has a black screen" because that is the default behavior for unrecoverable errors in the client.

According to

Index 12 contains interface scripts. As for the mini fs, I'm going to guess it's some kind of file system (fs) rsps people created which is probably used to persist your server data.

You mention your client crashes upon startup which indicates it goes wrong BEFORE the login, and it does connect because connection issues do not create black screens. I'm going to assume the cache update process is going wrong (since you also mentioned an index) and if that happens a black screen does happen.