Sign in to follow this  
Trapt

Pulling high scores to an app question

Is it possible to pull or get stats from the osrs high scores based with someones username in a application?

Yeah, you just have to be good at making apps if you're already decent enough at sending and pulling information from one source to another.

16 minutes ago, Gemu said:

Yeah, you just have to be good at making apps if you're already decent enough at sending and pulling information from one source to another.

I was hoping for a more guiding answer. I suspect I will need to use Php/mysql  just wondering if anyone knew how to grab data from another site.

1 minute ago, Trapt said:

I was hoping for a more guiding answer. I suspect I will need to use Php/mysql  just wondering if anyone knew how to grab data from another site.

For the website, yes. And if it's for a RSPS, you can use Java sockets to connect your website to the server to pull the data requested - you wouldn't necessarily need to use MySQL for that. However, sending the data from the website to the app would probably take some research on both of our ends :)

Just now, Gemu said:

For the website, yes. And if it's for a RSPS, you can use Java sockets to connect your website to the server to pull the data requested - you wouldn't necessarily need to use MySQL for that. However, sending the data from the website to the app would probably take some research on both of our ends :)

Yeah well its definitely just for oldschool runescape. I keep looking for hopefully an easy way or api for me to just directly access their highscores database.

Just now, Trapt said:

Yeah well its definitely just for oldschool runescape. I keep looking for hopefully an easy way or api for me to just directly access their highscores database.

Well, fortunately for you, smartphones (including the iPhone) directly support C# which has very similar functionality to Java. It has a fancy class in the language called WebRequest that can pull data from whichever website you request. Now, it may take a bit of trial and error to get it exactly how you'd like it to be - but that goes for any kind of programming! Take a look here: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/456dfw4f(v=vs.110).aspx

Just what I needed to hear thanks bro.

this is actually what i was looking for. but thanks guys.