`Tyluur

[OSHD] RedRune 667

2RuqEI6.png

star-16.pngQuestions star-16.png

What is RedRune going to be like?

RedRune is running on the #667 client revision, but it will be loading content from OldSchool RuneScape. The server is planned to be a fully economic server but with high incentives for PvP activity. 

What can you do to help?

Join our discord community, stay active on this thread by Subscribing to it for daily updates, and give your feedback/suggestions. 
widget.png?style=banner2

star-16.pngMedia star-16.png
M8k9wVk.png

Chat with us
widget.png?style=banner4

star-16.pngDevelopment Notes star-16.png

Edited by `Tyluur

You're really talented man and you have some awesome ideas, but you gotta stop quitting and restarting like this. Don't rush your projects, take your time and wait till you got a finished product. When you loose motivation, instead of going awol, hire a supplementary developer to make up for your losses, or at least notify your players that you're going to be taking a small break. There's nothing wrong with that.

I really had a lot of hope for HDPvP. With someone like Tom on your roster, you finally had a solid player base to make a good PK server and Tom has the skills to keep that community growing. Just because he slows down doesn't mean you have to. You don't need to spend 40 hours a week developing this thing for it to be a success, but you can't give up. Pace yourself and don't quit every time you are tired of developing.

I really really hope this works out for you man, and I accually think it can be a great success. Best of luck!

How many projects have you started up and given up on? I was present for the development of Lotica another failed server and now hearing you dropped HDPvP in hopes to re-start ANOTHER time? Good luck with this, but I'm surprised you have any sort of player base with the reputation you have. Also, saying you've had 100+ players in a week is stretching it. I think it's more you hype up a persons name like Tom's or as in Lotica's instance "Alotic/Soulplay" playerbase that only lasts for 2 days before it trickles down to 20 players. 

Goodluck. Hope everything turns around for you.

I just finished my last semester of the year, so development is now going to be continued smoothly. Stay tuned =]

5/1/17
+    Removed the 'previous' button on the shop interface when you don't open a shop with the shop manager
+    Removed the town crier at home as well as wildernes skilling actions
+    Moved repairing dfs and ring of wealth over to horvik (east of bank)
+    Moved box of wealth over to thieving room
+    You will not be able to sell items to stores that never sold them now.

5/2/17
+    Shortened the dialogue to repair barrows armour
+    Removed the delay on picking up items from the floor when you're standing ontop of them
+    Removed the 'You can't sell this item to the store' message when selling to general store.
+     Constructed a formulae to give blood money drops from every npc thats lvl 50 or more..
+    Picked out an animation & graphics for the conversion of skilling materials to blood money at home.

5/3/17
+    Created a system to convert skilling resources into blood money
+    Added a helpful interface to give information about converting skill resources to blood money
    -    The 'Conversion Helper' NPC was added next to the well, he answers some questions about it.
+    Removed whips from starter kits & presets
    -    Pure melee/pure nh preset now uses 60 attack instead of 75 (as with zerker)
+    Added coal ore mining to ::skillzone

pQMpoHA.gif
BV0k5qN.png

5/4/17
+	Added more tips to the server quick-tips list
+	Constructed an achievement system for easy future implementation
	-	This has support for unlockable achievements (i.e. you have to do a previous achievement to unlock this one)
	-	Dynamically loading all achievements via packaging
	-	Implemented 10 easy, 10 medium, 5 hard, and 5 elite achievements
+	Removed bones from the grand exchange unlimited stock (because of some achievements)
+	Removed deep wilderness skilling locations (mining/fishing/woodcutting)

CYTiCIy.png
xmPPEfE.png
jG7Zo8a.png
JCEZHQL.gif

5/5/17
+    Set price of whip to 1500bm
+    Added a button in the quest tab to swap from presets/actions -> achievements
+    Updated the text for progressing in achievements, you will also be notified when u start an achievement for the first time 
    -    (as long as the achievement doesn't take one step to finish)
+    Fixed being able to spawn barrage/tb/veng in wilderness
+    Made object interaction smoother (no delay between arriving at the object and interacting with it)
+    Constructed an action system with context wrappers for all node interactions (items/npc/objects/floor items)
    -    Transferred all such interactions over to this system
    -    Makes gameplay feel much smoother, and fluidity in editting is increased
    -    NPCs which do not walk will now face the players during interactions
+    Removed the ::yell command, yelling is now done like so: >>this is a message that will be yelled
    -    When you attempt to use ::yell, it will tell you the right way to do it
+    Added ::discord, to join the discord chat via command.
+    Removed pets from vote store, as well as golden hammers
+    Moved construction portal to north of shops room
+    Tested the drop formula for blood money from npcs, the most you can get from one kill is 2000BM now
+    Created a plugin system for entity's, makes creating actions easier for them
+    Slightly improved the shopping room design
    -    Also moved the crystal key chest over to this room

eUpJpmk.gif
vdgs81g.png

Edited by `Tyluur

Yes. IntelliJ. Have my stamp of approval.

5/9/17
+    Replaced legacy-pk custom login background with default rs2011 one
+    Improved small achievement system backend 
    -    OLD
        @Override
        public Integer goal() {
            return 1000;
        }

@Override
        public Class<>[] requiredCompletionAchievements() {
            return constructClasses(DragonBoneBuryAchievement.class);
        }

-    New
        @Override
        public int goal() {
            return 1000;
        }

@Override
        public Class<? extends AchievementSkeleton>[] requiredCompletionAchievements() {
            return constructClasses(DragonBoneBuryAchievement.class);
        }
+    Renamed magic unguent to Ring Imbuer (this changes berserker ring -> beserker ring (i), same with all other rings that have (i) form)
+    Smoothened up gameplay a lot more
    -    All incoming packets are processed in a realistic 600ms tick, feels a lot more like runescape without the w2 lag
    -    Perfected the small aspects (i.e. dropping items resets your animation + closes interfaces)
    -    Improved switches as well as a result of the 600ms queueing
    -    Combat is also a lot smoother now (and granite maul special attack is realistic [thanks to zxi])
+    Updated formula for blood money drops from all npcs, now taking into consideration the size of the npc in the calculation
+    Updated player locking system slightly
    -    Fixed being able to drop bones while burying to receive infinite experience
+    Updated player combat "smoothness"
    -    You don't need to double click the player/npc you're fighting after you switch an item. (Player Combat initialization exported to action system)
+    Added a max hit dummy at home to see how hard you can hit
    -    Combat accuracy/max hit/projectiles clearly need an upgrade [range]
+    Added loyalty title purchasing system
    -    Buy a title once and claim it whenever you wish
    -    Set a custom title and a custom title color for 30K loyalty points [claim whenever you wish]
+    Added a loyalty aura shop
    -    Purchase auras for loyalty points

d6MWSO0.png
PLfvaTW.gif
UVK1VQ3.png
U98NnAJ.gif
dBvtqov.png
ELtm9DB.png
Fa0V6rY.gif
iFqV1Gw.png

5/10/17
+    Changed the whole shop layout in the 'Select a shop' interface [shop manager]
    -    Added boss points shop
    -    Added skill points shop
    -    Added wildy points shop
    -    Removed a lot of shops for gear that should be PvM'ed for
+    Changed wilderness artifacts (statuettes) to give wildy points instead of blood money

5/11/17
+    Fixed spells you're about to cast resetting after you switch items
+    Changed yell format slightly
+    Killing monsters in the wilderness that drop dragon bones will now give two dragon bones
+    Added point guide at home to explain how to get skill points/wildy points/boss points
    -    Added boss point receival from all major bosses in the game
    -    Added skill point receival from all skills in the game
    -    Added prices to all of the aforementioned shops
+    Changed corrupt pvp armour to degrade in half the time regular pvp armour degrades
+    Added wilderness token drops from revenants
    -    You can't convert these into wilderness points if you're in the wilderness
+    Added a completionist cape requirement 'finish every achievement ingame'
+    Added skilling experience boosts if you're wearing the witchdoctor outfit or rogues' outfit
    -    Witchdoctor = * 1.025 exp boost on herblore
    -    Rogue = * 1.025 exp boost on thieving
+    Added a blood money mystery box to a store called 'BM Exclusives'
    -    Can receive up to h'ween masks here, or barrows armour and other semi-rares
+    Updated the donator mystery box with more rares and tested drop rates significantly
+    When players receive a rare item from mystery boxes, it is announced to everyone
+    Removed a lot of blood money prices so you can't sell rares to shops/alch them for blood money

I6i53jY.png
OzTh0mc.png

After some consideration, I have decided to change some details about the project which will require a lot of work. I have decided to change the server revision & base (so for those who don't understand this bit, this means everything I was working on before is now scrapped). We are purely client revision #666 now. I did this because of a lot of client changes in the previous one I was using, and the base that I had was modified for several years. Tons of bad code, but some good code as well. 

I have been working on a scratch framework for the past few days. The plans for this new server base will be the same as before for RedRune, but I will have more space to perfect things without going back and rewriting code. The plans for RedRune is to be a economic PK server, with a secondary world which will be a PvP world (meaning worldwide pvp is in effect). More news to come shortly! 

vhv9T9r.png