Night Fury

Need help

My local disk ( C ) is full and because of this, my computer is slow now. The other two disks ( E ) and ( D ) are about empty, so I want to transfer some files there from local disk ( C ) but the problem is that only the important files are in local disk ( c ). So how can I transfer the important files like ' Windows ' or ' User ' etc to the other disks?

Thanks to whoever helps me.

P.S: If your thinking that system files don't make up that much space....Well, actually my local disk c has 18 gb and the other two got 80 gb+.

Edited by Azeem

From my experience, I don't think you can do that without fucking up your partition, but I'm not a genius when it comes to these things. If I were you, I'd just find a really big directory (possibly containing multiple directories, with directories even inside of those directories) and move them onto another disk. I'm sure it'll be very slow, but it'll be worth it. Also, if you got loads of games or software that you don't use, uninstall them as you can always reinstall them later if you really need them.

You cannot move any of the system files to another disk. The OS requires all the files to be on the same disk. Why are you still running off of hard drives from the 90s?

23 minutes ago, Ziek` said:

You cannot move any of the system files to another disk. The OS requires all the files to be on the same disk. Why are you still running off of hard drives from the 90s?

This is my first thought.

Go out and buy a 500 GB Hard disk, and download DriveImage XML; It runs from within Windows and it can copy directly from drive to drive. Otherwise, get a 1TB, and do a fresh install of windows.

Edited by Christopher`

Only system files I know you can move are C:\Users\{Account Name}. You'd have to google how to store it on a different disk but I know it can be done.