Sign in to follow this  
Rog3r

Network Security

I'm starting in a month for something I don't know much about.

Anyone went to school for this and can get me the inside scoop on how it will be?  It's a year and its really expensive and intense.  Great paying job to start however. 

Thanks

Are you going to become an ethical hacker?

On 2/27/2017 at 5:46 PM, Rog3r said:

I'm starting in a month for something I don't know much about.

Anyone went to school for this and can get me the inside scoop on how it will be?  It's a year and its really expensive and intense.  Great paying job to start however. 

Thanks

Hey Roger,

That's awesome that you are looking to get into Network Security. Some things that I would suggest you get is a CCNA R&S, CCNA Security (or Sec +), and look into CASP. Having experience in how routers, switches, hubs, firewalls, etc work is very valuable to get. You can start studying at just about any website. I started off with CBTNuggets.com. You can torrent most of their videos from the pirate bay if you don't feel like paying $84 a month. There are also other sites that have mock exams that are IDENTICAL to the actual exam (ex: 9tut.net; this website also has course material that you can use to study). 

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. 

Lol. I had a class in college for network security, it was just all about monitoring traffic and alot of CCNA reading/exams. lol