Sign in to follow this  
Ikiliki

Advertising Rules

1. One thread per private server.
  2. Banned on the RSPS List? Don't post.
  3. Advertisements should have a link to an official website, not to just a link to a download.
  4. Don't bump your advertisement back to the top with pointless posts. Use Moparscape for pointless bumps.
  5. Please add some basic information & media, just a link is not acceptable.

* You're old enough to decide for yourself what is appropriate and what is not. Our team intervenes where necessary. These rules may be changed at all times. You'll see an announcement when the rules change.

Thanks for this Ikiliki, Update bumps are fine I would assume? :)

13 minutes ago, Hds said:

Thanks for this Ikiliki, Update bumps are fine I would assume? :)

Of course! Updates are the opposite of pointless :-)

Added an additional rule requiring some basic media and server description..

On 12/15/2016 at 9:25 PM, Ikiliki said:
  1. One thread per private server.
  2. Banned on the toplist? Don't post.
  3. Advertisements should have a link to an official website, not to just a link to a download.
  4. Don't bump your advertisement back to the top with pointless posts. Use Moparscape for pointless bumps.
  5. Please add some basic information & media, just a link is not acceptable.

You're old enough to decide for yourself what is appropriate and what is not. Our team intervenes where necessary.

These rules may be changed at all times. You'll see an announcement when the rules change.

What constitutes a pointless post?

Ex: "Bump" - I think you are referring to this, however this kind of post has a purpose which is if a topic has reached page 2+ in the section, and let's say hmm.. 3+ days have passed? 

Would you prefer if somebody posted the words "still online", "need players", etc etc instead? I was considering posting a topic, so I just want to clarify the rule. The specific server type I have in mind will seldom need updating because it is designed to be spawn PK-based so there is not much scope for further development really. Keeping it as raw and basic as required seems good.

Please excuse the fact I am a newcomer to the forum, this technically isn't the case, RL is the first RSPS community I joined around 8 years ago. I re-registered under this name because my original details were forgotton, I assume they wouldn't work on this newer forum platform anyway.

2 hours ago, speed42 said:

Ex: "Bump" - I think you are referring to this, however this kind of post has a purpose which is if a topic has reached page 2+ in the section, and let's say hmm.. 3+ days have passed? 

Would you prefer if somebody posted the words "still online", "need players", etc etc instead? I was considering posting a topic, so I just want to clarify the rule. The specific server type I have in mind will seldom need updating because it is designed to be spawn PK-based so there is not much scope for further development really. Keeping it as raw and basic as required seems good.

Please excuse the fact I am a newcomer to the forum, this technically isn't the case, RL is the first RSPS community I joined around 8 years ago. I re-registered under this name because my original details were forgotton, I assume they wouldn't work on this newer forum platform anyway.

Since we have 2 advertisement sections and server's ussally only stop by to bump everyonece in a while, it would probably take quite a while for your advertisement to reach the second page. 

In that time you should have pushed out an update on your server, started an event, or at least have a screenshot or statistic to share. None of those would be considered a "useless bump". In the rare event that there isn't an update or event to report, i'm sure any potential players reading your advertisement would enjoy a screenshot with a witty caption at the least.

17 hours ago, speed42 said:

No problem! It's good that you're asking first.

We prefer to see 'bumps' through server update posts. Just telling people the server is still online, or in need of players is not considered useful. Try to keep the posts as informative as possible :-)

Cool to hear that you've joined about 8 years ago by the way! You're a veteran!

sounds fair to me well done on coming up with this spot on rules!