Sign in to follow this  
drakthuro

718 two questions: maps, npc specific drops,

Question

Hi yall.

I need some help understanding the maps. since in some servers few parts are broken, including mine.

This was from the rune-evo source where i am missing some map data.

Here is a picture of my falador near goblin village  and the temple.

15541042_976783805799792_355704106716957

Is it since i miss xteas or is it all cache related? since my world map shows everything correctly.

And if its cache related is it possible to fix it through my current cache? since i edited allot of stuff which will take forever if i have to add them in a new cache.

Further i need some proper explanation about npc specific drops.

I know its possible to make a npc drop a certain item when the player has the required value.

Like if quest1 = true; drop item 1, 5 etc etc

but how would i properly implement this?

does it matter if i add it all to the npc drop method? or is it better to make a new method in a new .java for it?

All help is appreciated!

3 answers to this question

If you use another cache, is it still broken like that? If not then you know what's broken :D

Hey arix,

ya pretty stupid of me I never actually tried another cache. *was just assuming things**.

I edited way to much in my own cache to actually just switch to a clean one with proper models and interfaces.

What I do need though is some information toward index editing. I know we can edit some indexes with a few editors. Like index 3 for the interfaces and the index for music etc.

But could someone explain how to properly replace an index. Like in my cache index 3 are a few interfaces not showing properly and some configs aswell.

How can I take a working index from a proper cache into my cache? I know I cannot just simply copy paste it. it will just make my cache crash.

Ty in advance for the information :)

Edited by drakthuro

You cannot copy an .idx file indeed, but you can copy the files and containers inside any index using a library such as OpenRS. However, this only works if the caches are of the same revision. For example, you can copy an interface from a higher revision to a lower revision but that will be purely the interface and none of the functionality. Because its functionality uses client scripts, and client scripts cannot be copied, they must be converted and as far as I know nobody has ever done that before.

That is because client scripts use opcodes to do things in the client, but these opcodes get scrambled with every revision so client scripts wont work if the opcodes it's using are entirely different.

Anyways, you can edit any index using a cache library, but you can't transfer everything from A to B UNLESS it's from the same exact revision and build. In that case it's just a matter of looping over all containers & files in the index, taking their data and writing it to your own index at the same location.