Sign in to follow this  
luidakid09

inventory scrip compiling error

Question

https://postimg.org/image/57bswebcb/ 

theres the issue. when i try to compile my server that comes up. i whent into inveotry script but im not sure what im looking for to take out or change if anyone can help me out thanks. my skype name is 

luis rodriguez/ [email protected] is my email. thanks. and if anyone can help guide me in some small things i appreciate im pretty good at some parts.

7 answers to this question

That's not necessarily an error. It is just a note. Your server should still run fine.

As IntriguePS said, it's a mere compiler warning. To pinpoint the issue's exact location, an IDE such as Eclipse or NetBeans (as per popular choices) will show you unsafe operations. It will also help guide you to a better developmental standard with all of their features. Definitely a better choice over a text editor such as Notepad.

Edited by Gemu

1 hour ago, Gemu said:

As IntriguePS said, it's a mere compiler warning. To pinpoint the issue's exact location, an IDE such as Eclipse or NetBeans (as per popular choices) will show you unsafe operations. It will also help guide you to a better developmental standard with all of their features. Definitely a better choice over a text editor such as Notepad.

You keep forgetting to include the best one: IntelliJ

I don't forget Arix, you're my biggest fan. I don't typically state my personal opinion over popular opinion, always advertising mainstream even if I don't agree :blush:

Edited by Gemu

2 hours ago, Gemu said:

I don't forget Arix, you're my biggest fan. I don't typically state my personal opinion over popular opinion, always advertising mainstream even if I don't agree :blush:

Popular opinion due to misinformation. How will you inform the people of a better IDE if you're afraid to do so because it's not yet "popular"? In any case, Eclipse is only popular in RSPS (for some reason).

9 minutes ago, Arix said:

Popular opinion due to misinformation. How will you inform the people of a better IDE if you're afraid to do so because it's not yet "popular"? In any case, Eclipse is only popular in RSPS (for some reason).

It's not because I'm afraid to do so, more as I do it due to it's popularity. If the majority prefer it, or at least use it, then the chances are more favorable for the recommended to prefer it's use. That's not actually true, Eclipse is quite popular amongst Java developers. Java developers specifically, however.

I'll advertise my personal opinion when asked. I don't see why that's a problem.

Edited by Gemu

8 hours ago, Gemu said:

It's not because I'm afraid to do so, more as I do it due to it's popularity. If the majority prefer it, or at least use it, then the chances are more favorable for the recommended to prefer it's use. That's not actually true, Eclipse is quite popular amongst Java developers. Java developers specifically, however.

I'll advertise my personal opinion when asked. I don't see why that's a problem.

My point is though, you don't have to recommend someone something just because other people like it. If you factually compare the choices, IntelliJ jumps out by far. This is why I recommend it, and why I tell people not to use Eclipse. Another reason is because IntelliJ is more user friendy than Eclipse nowadays. Also, trust me, Eclipse is not the most popular choice in the real world :).

In any case, this is a discussion that should be held elsewhere.