Sign in to follow this  
Valryon

[Helped needed]

Question

Hey guys, hope you all good
I'm trying to make my own RSPS not for sale, not for money earning, nothing like that... Just to learn and put there something like 10 friends playing
I've tried the Matrix source (spawn) but I want to start with a eco server instead
Are there any suggestions for this noob to start learning?
Is there any eco release I can start with?
Can anybody list any guides I should take a look?
Plus...
WIll anyone take a bit of their time to help me via skype or so?
Thanks in advance to everyone who replies ;)

4 answers to this question

The only thing that makes it a spawn server is that any user has the relevant permissions to use commands that give them stats/items etc. Just remove the commands or elevate the permissions. The fact that you can spawn items or not doesn't change the fact it's still the same Matrix Source. 

If you want to create a runescape private server you have to learn Java programming. If you want to create a decent Server with a player base, you'll want to know Website Development (HTML + CSS at the very least) and SQL to implement server and forum/website features together such as Hiscores.  Forgot about RSPS for a bit, read java books, find online videos and resources. Learn it, practice it. Learning a programming language takes a lot of time and dedication, and if you aren't prepared to sit down for hours and hours on end learning then don't bother starting a rsps. Make programs yourself to test your ability. Then download a source. Read through the code, go through all of the classes and realise what class controls what process. Practice implementing your own code into the rsps, add snippets here and there then work onto bigger content.

You aren't going to create a good functional private server over a 30minute skype session. There are thousands and thousands of resources online, just gotta take the time to do it.

Edited by Fall Out

55 minutes ago, Fall Out said:

The only thing that makes it a spawn server is that any user has the relevant permissions to use commands that give them stats/items etc. Just remove the commands or elevate the permissions. The fact that you can spawn items or not doesn't change the fact it's still the same Matrix Source. 

If you want to create a runescape private server you have to learn Java programming. If you want to create a decent Server with a player base, you'll want to know Website Development (HTML + CSS at the very least) and SQL to implement server and forum/website features together such as Hiscores.  Forgot about RSPS for a bit, read java books, find online videos and resources. Learn it, practice it. Learning a programming language takes a lot of time and dedication, and if you aren't prepared to sit down for hours and hours on end learning then don't bother starting a rsps. Make programs yourself to test your ability. Then download a source. Read through the code, go through all of the classes and realise what class controls what process. Practice implementing your own code into the rsps, add snippets here and there then work onto bigger content.

You aren't going to create a good functional private server over a 30minute skype session. There are thousands and thousands of resources online, just gotta take the time to do it.

The answer I quite needed :p

Anyways, my goal for now, as I said before, isn't to create a good functional private server, but to put it online for a really small community (friends) and mess around with it

Make every boss drop huge rare drops like Nex dropping every Nex's full sets at once in every kill, stuff like that...

So I really think that 30 minutes skype session would point me in the right direction :p Then I'd watch tutorials and more tutorials and learn and learn and learn :p

That's what's in my mind ahahah

That could easily be done by downloading an economy based Matrix source, and editing drop rates. If you're not looking to plan beyond your small community of friends, it'll take no time at all. Matrix sources already have drop editors located inside, all you have to do is run the class via IDE. All you'll really need to do is Google how to get one online, as far as portforwarding goes basically. Editing drops is as simple as running a Java file through an IDE of your selection. IIRC the file is obviously titled and located in the 'utils' folder.

Add me on Skype and I can help you with any questions you have! My Skype name is 'matt.hillock69"