Sign in to follow this  
Teek

bad fps on some games

5 minutes ago, Teek said:

yeye, that's correct. I did alot of reach too, to double check. I'm i need of a new mobo/graphics card.. suggestions?

Honestly, if you get a new mobo, you should upgrade that CPU. 

If you're wanting to stick with the 1060, sell your current mobo, and processor, and get a Z170 and i5/i7. You're bottlenecking the 1060 with a 4100 and it's doing it hard.

Never mix ram, because it'll just fuck with the frequency it's supposed to run at. Take that 1x4 unknown out.

Update your drivers

so yeah.

Edited by Christopher`

Just now, Christopher` said:

If you're wanting to stick with the 1060, sell your current mobo, and processor, and get a Z170 and i5/i7. You're bottlenecking the 1060 with a 4100 and it's doing it hard.

Never mix ram, because it'll just fuck with the frequency it's supposed to run at. Take that 1x4 unknown out.

Update your drivers

so yeah.

Z170, why this? have you seen the price? lol and what I5 do you recommend for a reasonable price. lol

2 hours ago, Teek said:

Z170, why this? have you seen the price? lol and what I5 do you recommend for a reasonable price. lol

You can find both for around 250-300 USD.

You can find both for around 250-300 USD.

I'm not wanting to spend that much tho lol, like a cheap mobo compatible with intel i5 and 1866mhz frequency ram. Also what cpu do you recommend tho? WHICH I5?

Just now, Teek said:

I'm not wanting to spend that much tho lol, like a cheap mobo compatible with intel i5 and 1866mhz frequency ram. Also what cpu do you recommend tho? WHICH I5?

Doesn't matter what i5 you choose, lol.

Doesn't matter what i5 you choose, lol.

Ahh, okay. So any I5 won't bottleneck my pc? also.. would this mobo be okay to get with ram/cpu?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ASUS-H81M-K-Intel-LGA1150-mATX-Motherboard-USB-3-0-SATA-3-DVI-and-VGA-/111664424702?hash=item19ffb7e6fe:g:kf8AAOSwEK9XAnoF

Motherboard only supports up to 1600 Mhz

basically any motherboard which supports intel i5 and 1866mhz will be okay to use? right

Just now, Teek said:

basically any motherboard which supports intel i5 and 1866mhz will be okay to use? right

Basically. You need an LGA 1155 socket, and a motherboard that supports DDR3 1866