Sign in to follow this  
Xandorious

Using VPS to host RSPS

Question

I am only familiar with putting a RSPS online through port forwarding, which I am unable to do, if someone could help me out with it that would be great my skype is: evilslayers, the RSPS is all ready to go and configured to the VPS ip

7 answers to this question

I figured what my problem is, and it is that when I open up the VNC is connecting to linux OS which isn't compatible with my computer but I have changed it to windows 10 and it still loads with Linux OS so I am not sure if it takes awhile for the VPS to change or not.

Chances are, you have to request the opening of the necessary ports at your VPS host.

Most VPS services already apply the opening of most ports. Usually, all you'd have to do on a VPS is just run the source. However, if that is not the case, then you'll most likely need to get in touch with your provider. 

Yeah my problem is i've probably done something wrong in the VPS settings because I can't even connect to it using remote desktop connection

If you're receiving a connectivity error upon request, then your VPS might be offline. Try submitting a support ticket to your host to ensure your VPS is still up and running. Sometimes, even despite their "99.9% uptime!" advertisement, it will crash and will require hands-on revitalization, via your supplier. 

Ah. A simple solution for Linux connectivity is using a telnet/SSH client, such as PuTTY (as it is both) - for future reference. Either way, I'm glad you got it sorted out.

Edited by Gemu

3 hours ago, Gemu said:

Most VPS services already apply the opening of most ports. Usually, all you'd have to do on a VPS is just run the source. However, if that is not the case, then you'll most likely need to get in touch with your provider. 

Not all ports, only the common ones and 43594 is not a common one.