Hope

Arios 498 & 530 Developer Release

On 8/23/2017 at 9:48 PM, joe11 said:

To the two people asking about SQL, here's some advice for Arios 498

1. You need to update the library mysql-connector  in data/libs so it works with modern mariaDB or mySQL.

2. Then you need to make a database for arios (and you probably also want to make a SQL user for arios), name it whatever.

3. You need to add this information to org.arios.game.system.mysql.SQLConnectionPool - url is localhost/database_name unless you are running your SQL server on another computer.

4. Use common courtesy when hosting.

This all worked for me. I hope it's helpful.

I know you posted this a while ago but is there anyway I could add you on discord or something so you could explain this in better detail, I'm just trying to play on the game by myself, no server, but i keep getting some error when i try to launch the .bat file. Thank you in advance

I am also still looking for the Sql for the 530. If anyone can share please do.

Amazing release! Love the 498 rev. Want to see how this one has changed aswell. But I keep running into one problem. I can't get the client running for the life of me. It's continuously crashing. If anyone is willing to help please message me would be greatly appreciated!! 

org.arios.game.system.mysql.SQLConnectionPool does not exist in the package I downloaded. I tried adding the SQL credentials to org.arios.game.system.mysql.SQLManager but it looks like it's still using the wrong credentials:

Please login or register to see this code.

I have no clue where it's pulling those credentials from. Any help would be really appreciated.