drakthuro

718 rsps intellij idea configuration

Question

heya.

i need help configuring intellij idea properly for my 718 again.

it used to work as i wanted to which was.

• Beign able to start the server in normal and debug mode. -
  • Beign able to compile the server realtime, without having the server to be shut-down and restart to apply to the updates.
  • Beign able to compile a single file, which also reloads the sellected class without having to restart the server.

I probaly have set some configuration options wrong.

but intellij compiles all the files normally. which makes me need to restart the whole server.

before *yesterday* i could compile everything and a single file. which reloads all the classes while my server was online.

so what i need is what i wrote above. i need my compiler in intellij to reload all my classes when i compile :D

all help is appreciated

Edited by drakthuro
typo

6 answers to this question

User was running the application via .bat files inside IntelliJ. This is not how it works.

Well, there's no way to actually do this, as far as I know, without external help. However, there is a library, JRebel, which is designed to do exactly what you're asking for. It's a pretty nifty little project, and I commend whomever worked on it. I don't personally use JRebel in anything I use, simply because it's somewhat of a hassle to set up.

Fortunately for case, InelliJ appears to have a plugin for JRebel: https://zeroturnaround.com/software/jrebel/quickstart/intellij/

Though, it is not free.

Edited by Gemu

6 hours ago, Gemu said:

Well, there's no way to actually do this, as far as I know, without external help. However, there is a library, JRebel, which is designed to do exactly what you're asking for. It's a pretty nifty little project, and I commend whomever worked on it. I don't personally use JRebel in anything I use, simply because it's somewhat of a hassle to set up.

Fortunately for case, InelliJ appears to have a plugin for JRebel: https://zeroturnaround.com/software/jrebel/quickstart/intellij/

Though, it is not free.

IntelliJ can do this. Only if it's possible (just like JRebel). Unfortunately, in RSPS, it is almost never possible.

It will do this when you are running the server in debug mode, and you change a class and compile it/run it.

that's the problem. intellij doesnt do that anymore. it only fully compiles. Even when i use compile a single file, nothing changes untill i use the full compiler and restart my server :'/

https://www.jetbrains.com/help/idea/2016.2/reloading-classes.html#d1763956e25

"To configure reloading behavior

On the main menu, choose File | Settings , and under Build, Execution, Deployment expand the Debugger node.

Open HotSwap page.

Click one of the radio buttons in the group Reload classes after compilation. You can opt to always reload classes, reload after confirmation, or never do it."

I read that article aswell. but even with enabling these option, it wont reload my classes.

only things it keeps saying when i do it, Parsing,compiling,finishing. but it will not reload my classes.

i think my settings are wrong but for the rest i have no clue

Edited by drakthuro