JesusTime

Darkscape source server/client

Question

Hello. I am in search for a Darkscape source. The latest before it was shut down if possible!

If anyone knows of any it would be muchly appreciated, could even be willing to pay.

11 answers to this question

If you're referring to the game by Jagex launched and closed in a span of a year it isn't as easy as pressing download and having the full Jagex game.

3 hours ago, Cart said:

If you're referring to the game by Jagex launched and closed in a span of a year it isn't as easy as pressing download and having the full Jagex game.

Thanks. That is the one I am referring to. Which is why I am asking for help finding it, I know it was around at some point. 

I did a bit of searching and couldn't find anything, are you sure it was floating around? It might be easier to just use an RS3 source and edit as you please, although the multiple economies might be a bit tricky.

10 hours ago, Cart said:

sure it is... http://runelocus.com/downloads?rev=850

9 hours ago, StevenAbraham said:

I did a bit of searching and couldn't find anything, are you sure it was floating around? It might be easier to just use an RS3 source and edit as you please, although the multiple economies might be a bit tricky.

Any recommendations?

I might be wrong but, all of the content necessary to make darkscape is actually present in the game. Darkscape is just a client mode in the same client I think, but don't quote me on that. Modifying a regular RS3 server (but using the latest revision client) could get you a darkscape server, as @StevenAbraham said.

8 minutes ago, Arix said:

I might be wrong but, all of the content necessary to make darkscape is actually present in the game. Darkscape is just a client mode in the same client I think, but don't quote me on that. Modifying a regular RS3 server (but using the latest revision client) could get you a darkscape server, as @StevenAbraham said.

Nah they created new content for that game too.

19 minutes ago, Cart said:

Nah they created new content for that game too.

Maybe it's just the same cache. Jagex has been known to never remove anything from their cache.

Well I've downloaded an RS3 source. I'll have to check it out, though I'm having trouble starting it up. Any ideas?

I have the Java development kit installed & such, though when I go to boot the server it says I am missing the server files.

4 hours ago, JesusTime said:

Well I've downloaded an RS3 source. I'll have to check it out, though I'm having trouble starting it up. Any ideas?

I have the Java development kit installed & such, though when I go to boot the server it says I am missing the server files.

Do you have a cache? Are your paths set up right? Have you tried using a different server client or an IDE?