ElveronTimmy

Portforward Problem

Question

So I've done everything to portforward correctly even set a static ip like I was told to do by the site.. and it's not portforwarding no matter what I do?

I've also got my firewall off.. still nothing

I have an Linksys E1200 Router and I am using Charter Communications internet.. i've portforwarded the same 43595 port before about 2 years ago and now it's not letting me.. 

9 answers to this question

Connection will only work if there is nothing along the way blocking it. If there is another device (like another router) that is not configured to portforward to the right place, a firewall on router and/or computer, the host computer has the wrong local IP, or an anti virus blocking the connection, it will not work.

It's hard to tell what is wrong without investigating it. You can try troubleshooting by getting your local IP, and putting it into the DMZ zone temporarily to see if portforwarding is the issue. The DMZ zone is a zone where nothing gets blocked and everything goes to your computer. You should not keep it there without a proper firewall.

Connection will only work if there is nothing along the way blocking it. If there is another device (like another router) that is not configured to portforward to the right place, a firewall on router and/or computer, the host computer has the wrong local IP, or an anti virus blocking the connection, it will not work.

It's hard to tell what is wrong without investigating it. You can try troubleshooting by getting your local IP, and putting it into the DMZ zone temporarily to see if portforwarding is the issue. The DMZ zone is a zone where nothing gets blocked and everything goes to your computer. You should not keep it there without a proper firewall.

Is it possible that having Hamachi on my computer could be part of the problem?

Is it possible that having Hamachi on my computer could be part of the problem?

It depends on your configuration. Hamachi creates a virtual network right? The server might listen on that network instead of on the network you want it to listen on. Specifically specifying the local IP it should listen on when binding the network service will force it to listen on a certain adapter (e.g. not the hamachi adapter but the wifi adapter or whatever) assuming Hamachi works with adapters. I don't think you should be using Hamachi anyways so might aswell get rid of it.

It depends on your configuration. Hamachi creates a virtual network right? The server might listen on that network instead of on the network you want it to listen on. Specifically specifying the local IP it should listen on when binding the network service will force it to listen on a certain adapter (e.g. not the hamachi adapter but the wifi adapter or whatever) assuming Hamachi works with adapters. I don't think you should be using Hamachi anyways so might aswell get rid of it.

It was on my computer from years ago, I've gotten rid of it. I've configured everything correctly in server and client. I've also tried both 43594, 43595 ports.. absolutely nothing it's not portforwarding at all.

Shoot an email to your ISP. Years ago when I was hosting my own RSPS (YEARS ago), I had to contact my ISP and ask them to allow me to portforward. They had their network set up where portforwarding was not possible without permission. Charter might have started doing that recently.

Shoot an email to your ISP. Years ago when I was hosting my own RSPS (YEARS ago), I had to contact my ISP and ask them to allow me to portforward. They had their network set up where portforwarding was not possible without permission. Charter might have started doing that recently.

Speaking in the live chat at the moment.

It was on my computer from years ago, I've gotten rid of it. I've configured everything correctly in server and client. I've also tried both 43594, 43595 ports.. absolutely nothing it's not portforwarding at all.

If you use a tool like this http://www.canyouseeme.org/ while running the rsps server, verify that it says it's open.

If you use a tool like this http://www.canyouseeme.org/ while running the rsps server, verify that it says it's open.

I'm not an account holder for the internet so Charter can't portforward for me. Apparently they block no ports at all.