Le Pebz

All noobs read this

I have to disagree with the point of a programmer being 'advanced' when one is able to make a minigame. In my earlier programming experiences (several years back, usind deltascape 317) I was able to make minigames (quite in-depth ones) solely from studying the pre-existing code. Now, two years into studying Software Engineering, I can say the code I wrote back then was absolute garbage, but it got the job done. Hence, you are not necessairly a talented programmer if you can succeed in 'making something work'.

On the note of development in a team: there's such a thing as version control. When properly managed by a party with enough understanding, it can make sure that even the worse developers can add their share to the pie, without being a hassle to the more 'advanced' programmers. Take Git for example: if you host the repository on GitHub for example and force programmers to 'fork' the repository, who then in return create a pull request with their changes, experienced programmers can inspect the code before accepting it into the codebase.

I believe you are missing the point then. I did not claim it makes you advanced, but it's relatively not something easily done right. As you have stated, it worked but it was junk. An advanced programmer would not want to make junk anyways. My statement was mostly implying rsps frameworks are poorly written, not at all documented let alone tested.

You realise this was aimed at Arix, right?

Use the quote button :)

Edited by Arix

I believe you are missing the point then. I did not claim it makes you advanced, but it's relatively not something easily done right. As you have stated, it worked but it was junk. An advanced programmer would not want to make junk anyways. My statement was mostly implying rsps frameworks are poorly written, not at all documented let alone tested.

Use the quote button :)

Ah, in that case I agree completely.

I actually did, but for some reason it wouldn't work :/