Le Pebz

All noobs read this

Okay well I'm not going to make some fancy post about making a team of programmers.

Anyways let me first start off with uhmmmm my grammar, is horrible. I sound like a 2nd grader learning english. But that's okay because it's the internet and no one cares and I don't care. 

So let me start off with, my name Is Brendan. I am 20 years old. And I fucking. Love. To. Program. Anything, <(Fuck love that grammer? Jesus I should kill myself. How about that E in Grammar) if I wasn't a asshole with ADHD I would be a great programmer educating myserlf and getting a degree in college. But that's another story for another time. 

Anyways, anyways. I am looking for a team of noobs because who cares everyone starts somewhere. That is actually DEDICATED. To this. 

You know what, just email at [email protected]

Honestly I'm really too lazy to type this out. 

But actually, let's just create something like amazing. And train our brains for the real world when we need jobs to support our faggot ass life that we even call a life on this planet.
so that being said uhm.

Basic requirements. (That I can think of, and I know how to do lol)

How to jar a client for a webclient
Knowledge of methods blah blah blah
Moving Npcs
Changing a fucking start location

Making yourself a owner
Commands
Dialouge

Okay basic shit like that. 
Okay well some of its not basic if you're like 
"Holy fuck this guy knows how to make a dialogue"
Because if you ask yourself that, don't email me. And you have no idea what the fuck is going on, but on the flip side. Welcome to prgramming have fun because it's really fun. And learning is fun 

Just kidding you can email me, because who knows you could be reading this and could be the next person that creates the next microsoft. Or some shit. I don't know. 
Everyone starts somewhere, so if you like to program, have no fucking clue where to begin. Just email me and we can all learn and teach eachtoher. 

I mean for fuck sakes, I took a scan of this forum shit. And everyone wants some bullshit like advanced programmers.

Well, we will be the team of faggots that puts all these projects to shame. 

^ Thats my motivational speech so email me. 

Edited by Le Pebz

Comical, but it doesn't work out. What are you going to do when all necessary dialogues have been completed? Surely, you can only really move one spawn location. The reason people ask for advanced programmers is because you can literally do all of that stuff yourself and not have to worry about some nitwit messing it up, and because advanced programmers can add things like complete minigames - things that can take a decent amount of time, so you can spread the workload. 

I completely disagree with the post above. As stated in the thread, everyone starts somewhere. During development stages, any catastrophic errors can easily be undone without harm. With the correct resources at your disposal, the learning process could be quite fun - especially with a team of others. I would recommend taking a look at Oracle's Really Big Index.

I also wouldn't necessarily say someone who can make a minigame on a preexisting source is 'advanced'.

Edited by Game Master

I completely disagree with the post above. As stated in the thread, everyone starts somewhere. During development stages, any catastrophic errors can easily be undone without harm. With the correct resources at your disposal, the learning process could be quite fun - especially with a team of others. I would recommend taking a look at Oracle's Really Big Index.

I also wouldn't necessarily say someone who can make a minigame on a preexisting source is 'advanced'.

Starting Java via RSPS isn't the best thing to do (many programmers in the community agree with that). It's like trying to learn a different language by simply looking at it. I never said making a minigame was advanced. I was simply making a point that advanced (or people that know some Java mind you) programmers can do a lot more quicker and solo. In most cases, learning with a team of the same skill level wouldn't help; it's like going to the gym with someone that barely goes. If you say they can build each other up, that's kind of stupid because they don't fully know what they're talking about. 

Edited by falconpunch

In RSPS it usually is a big deal because documentation and properly tested code is non-existent.

Starting Java via RSPS isn't the best thing to do (many programmers in the community agree with that). It's like trying to learn a different language by simply looking at it.

Not only that but it's like when you, as a beginning pilot are learning from a "experienced" pilot that flies his planes backwards. RSPS code sucks. Most of the things you would learn from RSPS (in terms of code) are BAD. About the looking part, I mainly learned Java this way. In the end, this is what you also do by reading books. The experience and automatic flow comes from doing it (for fun).

Edited by Arix

I have to disagree with the point of a programmer being 'advanced' when one is able to make a minigame. In my earlier programming experiences (several years back, usind deltascape 317) I was able to make minigames (quite in-depth ones) solely from studying the pre-existing code. Now, two years into studying Software Engineering, I can say the code I wrote back then was absolute garbage, but it got the job done. Hence, you are not necessairly a talented programmer if you can succeed in 'making something work'.

On the note of development in a team: there's such a thing as version control. When properly managed by a party with enough understanding, it can make sure that even the worse developers can add their share to the pie, without being a hassle to the more 'advanced' programmers. Take Git for example: if you host the repository on GitHub for example and force programmers to 'fork' the repository, who then in return create a pull request with their changes, experienced programmers can inspect the code before accepting it into the codebase.

Edited by Jarinus
Forgot a point.

I have to disagree with the point of a programmer being 'advanced' when one is able to make a minigame. In my earlier programming experiences (several years back, usind deltascape 317) I was able to make minigames (quite in-depth ones) solely from studying the pre-existing code. Now, two years into studying Software Engineering, I can say the code I wrote back then was absolute garbage, but it got the job done. Hence, you are not necessairly a talented programmer if you can succeed in 'making something work'.

On the note of development in a team: there's such a thing as version control. When properly managed by a party with enough understanding, it can make sure that even the worse developers can add their share to the pie, without being a hassle to the more 'advanced' programmers. Take Git for example: if you host the repository on GitHub for example and force programmers to 'fork' the repository, who then in return create a pull request with their changes, experienced programmers can inspect the code before accepting it into the codebase.

I never said making a minigame was advanced. I was simply making a point that advanced (or people that know some Java mind you) programmers can do a lot more quicker and solo.

Edited by falconpunch

Your Only Advanced If You Can Add Sweet Customs

I never made any recommendations as to start with RSPS. I agree that it isn't the best approach into learning, not by a long shot. However, you do not necessarily need anyone advanced to help you, or a team of beginners, learn the language. At least with the appropriate documentation. If the person wants to start with private servers, then that's up to the individual.

You realise this was aimed at Arix, right?