Sign in to follow this  
darkdagger4298

Equipping items

Question

Recently, I removed the new item models from the game and replaced them with 667 item models.

I can no longer spawn the items at all, if I get a drop and pick it up the item disappears.

I have two commands, one to spawn to inventory and one to my bank. If I spawn to my inventory, the item doesn't show up and it's not even spawned.

If I spawn to my bank it sends me the message "You have spawned (item) directly into your bank."

I open my bank and sure enough the item is there, however when I withdraw it the item disappears. Also, before I replaced the models it would tell me the correct item when I spawned to bank, but now every item I spawn it says "You have spawned dwarf remains directly into your bank, even if its not dwarf remains. Dwarf remains don't even show up in my bank the actual item does.

11 answers to this question

Try solving the problem yourself. Trial and error. What happens if you load up a cache that isn't broken? If it's still like that, what happens if you try running a different client, if it still happens, what did you change in the server since the problem began?

Eliminate possibilities until there is only one left and fix it.

Try solving the problem yourself. Trial and error. What happens if you load up a cache that isn't broken? If it's still like that, what happens if you try running a different client, if it still happens, what did you change in the server since the problem began?

I have tried different things. I've determined it doesn't have to do with equipIDs. I've loaded up other caches or previous caches that I've used and all item IDs are recognize and there is no problem. 

I've also discovered that when I spawn an item to a bank it says "You have spawned dwarf remains directly into your bank" and I know dwarf remains is 0. Is it reading from itemdefinitions.java? I don't know if since I removed the new item models and replaced them with old item models that the itemdefinitions.java is invalid or something and I'm not experienced enough to make that assumption or not.

Also, If I equip things before I change the cache to the modified cache, I will still be wearing them/have them in my inventory but upon clicking on them it says "You can't wear that." However I've set the correct equipIDs... I don't get it.

So, you are saying everything works fine with different caches?

So, you are saying everything works fine with different caches?

This is what I'm trying to do man and nobody has been able to help me. I've tried myself I promise man I really have. This is the last thing I'd like to do before I release publicly. I am trying to get rid of new item looks or make old item looks work correctly.

Ex. If you switch to old item looks, the claws only have one claw, armadyl is all weird and stretchy, etc. 

Someone mentioned that it has to do with an index being read somewhere that is incorrect, which I have yet to locate...

Another option would be removing new item models like I have tried  and literally just using old item models. Now, when I did log-in with the modified client, all of my inventory models were old item looks, and it wouldn't let me equip anything. I emptied my inventory and tried to spawn some items but they don't spawn at all.

This is what I'm trying to do man and nobody has been able to help me. I've tried myself I promise man I really have. This is the last thing I'd like to do before I release publicly. I am trying to get rid of new item looks or make old item looks work correctly.

Ex. If you switch to old item looks, the claws only have one claw, armadyl is all weird and stretchy, etc. 

Someone mentioned that it has to do with an index being read somewhere that is incorrect, which I have yet to locate...

Another option would be removing new item models like I have tried  and literally just using old item models. Now, when I did log-in with the modified client, all of my inventory models were old item looks, and it wouldn't let me equip anything. I emptied my inventory and tried to spawn some items but they don't spawn at all.

Yes, I know, I am asking if it works if you use a different cache. BE CLEAR. Wether it is due to a corrupt index or not is just a very wild guess. Nobody can know what the cause is without first ruling out some possibilities.

Edited by Arix

Yes, I know, I am asking if it works if you use a different cache. BE CLEAR. Wether it is due to a corrupt index or not is just a very wild guess. Nobody can know what the cause is without first ruling out some possibilities.

Yes, spawning items work with other caches, however that includes new item models.

Yes, spawning items work with other caches, however that includes new item models.

Then you have to look no further. Your cache is the problem (or the server-side decoding of it). Ask yourself; "What does the cache contain about items?" On one hand, several models for each item, but at the other hand, all kinds of configuration data (metadata) about those items.

You have models in index 7. Those are most likely fine. Index 19 has the metadata about items. Metadata includes item name, model references and other settings. Considering your server says the item cannot be worn, and that that setting is part of the metadata, either you did not correctly put the item metadata into that index or the server (and client, considering all the models don't appear) cannot correctly read the metadata using the decoders you provided. Lastly there is also the possibility that the metadata about items is just broken and that the decoders are fine in which case you need to start over or try and fix everything manually.

Edited by Arix

Then you have to look no further. Your cache is the problem (or the server-side decoding of it). Ask yourself; "What does the cache contain about items?" On one hand, several models for each item, but at the other hand, all kinds of configuration data (metadata) about those items.

You have models in index 7. Those are most likely fine. Index 19 has the metadata about items. Metadata includes item name, model references and other settings. Considering your server says the item cannot be worn, and that that setting is part of the metadata, either you did not correctly put the item metadata into that index or the server (and client, considering all the models don't appear) cannot correctly read the metadata using the decoders you provided. Lastly there is also the possibility that the metadata about items is just broken and that the decoders are fine in which case you need to start over or try and fix everything manually.

Okay, well if I want to use my current cache how would I go about correctly fixing old items look....

Okay, well if I want to use my current cache how would I go about correctly fixing old items look....

It's annoying to explain if you don't know how. You have to know how the item metadata works and what makes it break, then you can remove the issue from all items.

Sign in to follow this