Welcome to RuneLocus, the well-known online resource for RuneScape private servers, at the website www.runelocus.com since 2007.
1) REGISTRATION / ACCOUNTS
RuneLocus allows you to register accounts for multiple services and tools for free of charge. However, you are prohibited to do the following acts, to wit:
- Using a false e-mail, or someone else's e-mail address to register an account. After the registration process we will send you an e-mail with instructions to activate your account. In order to receive this e-mail, you must use your own e-mail address.
- Sharing your account with someone else. If you do so, you understand that you are fully responsible for any actions made on your account, even though you haven't made those actions.
- Using your account to spread any sort of URL containing or linking to malicious content. Using an offensive, discriminating or misleading username.
- Coming back with a different account when we have previously terminated your registration (also known as "ban evading").
2) TOP LIST
RuneLocus allows you to to register a free account to advertise your own RuneScape private server on the top list and status page ("Top list") . You understand and agree that you will use the Top list, including its tools and services, with full sense of responsibility and in a manner that is consistent with these Terms and in such a way as to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. You are prohibited to do the following acts, to wit:
- Advertising any game and/or website that is not related to your own RuneScape private server.
- Advertising a RuneScape private server that is not owned and managed by you personally.
- Creating multiple advertisements for the same RuneScape private server (multiple numbered worlds that fall under the same server name are considered as one).
- Continuously submitting, removing and re-submitting a RuneScape private server.
- Using false, inaccurate and/or misleading information.
- Linking an advertisement to an URL/server that contains malicious content (keyloggers, rats, Trojans, etc.).
- Linking an advertisement to an URL/server that contains adult content like nudity and erotica.
- Forcing or tricking visitors to vote for your RuneScape private server. Visitors should only vote because they want to.
- Collecting votes from outside your server territory. Only the players of your RuneScape private server may and should vote (retired players who are still actively contributing to the server, website and/or forum are also considered players).
- Attempting to cheat on the Top list. A couple of common cheating tactics are: proxy voting, automated voting scripts, forcing visitors to vote (see: VIII) and collecting votes from outside your server territory (see: IX).
- Using methods to send the visitor to the voting link without the visitors own explicit actions.
- Hacking or abusing a bug on the Top list. As a visitor of RuneLocus you agree that you will immediately report any bug to the RuneLocus team.
- Publicly showing an exaggerated behavior (e.g. arguing with, reporting or attacking other servers for no solid reason).
By using the Top list, you agree to the points outlined above. You also agree with the following:
- In case you discover any form of bug, error or security leak, you will immediately report it to the RuneLocus team. We might even reward you, but do not search for the aforementioned, our firewall might consider you as a security threat.
- You agree that the RuneLocus team has the right to remove, edit or move your RuneScape private server from the Top list if we suspect that you are cheating in any way or break any of the other points outlined above.
- You understand that servers with more than 250 votes have their votes reset monthly.
- RuneLocus reserves the right to use any uploaded screenshots for marketing purposes.
3) COMMUNITY FORUM
RuneLocus offers an internationally used community forum. By using the forum you understand that you are responsible for the content of your messages and posts, and its consequences. We reserves the right to terminate your registration if it becomes aware and determines, in its sole discretion, that you are violating any of the terms stated above, and on the forum (on the forum known as "rules").
Please take a moment to review these rules detailed below. If you agree with them and wish to proceed with the registration, simply click the "Register" button below. To cancel this registration, simply hit the 'back' button on your browser.
- Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.
- The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this bulletin board. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.
- You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violation of any law.
- You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this bulletin board.