Email verification is a new feature that we are currently testing in collaboration with RuneWild's owner.
We're doing our best to stop all forms of double voting. For that, we use many techniques. Cookies are one of them.
Cookies tell us something about a visitor's history at RuneLocus. This info helps us assess the likelihood of someone cheating.
About 90% of all voters of RuneLocus have these cookies saved in their browsers. Many of them have had them saved for months or even years, because the cookie's lifespan extends on each vote. The remaining 10% does not have a cookie set, however, the vast majority of this 10% does keep the cookie saved after voting and turns out to be a (new) frequent voter.
In RuneWild's case, this remaining 10% is being prompted with email verification. We're doing this because RuneWild had an unusually high amount of double voters that was causing unfair rankings on our list. The email verification is a one-time operation though, because after successfully voting, the cookies are added. And like I said: the vast majority does keep cookies saved.
If you decide for some reason to clear your cookies every day, or use a public computer to vote, you indeed might have to verify your email over and over. Sucks, but that's how things work. We need this functionality to guarantee a fair toplist.
There are no reliable alternatives. We already use IP addresses to limit votes, but that's easy to bypass as a double voter. These cookies or the one-time email verification aren't as easy to bypass.
You're suggesting detecting MAC addresses, but that's technically impossible for a website. Just submitting the previously used email address does won't work neither for many reasons. A double match with email + IP addresses won't work neither, because similar to your situation, someone else will come here complaining about dynamic IP address users being disadvantaged. And trust me, especially since IPv6, many people have a dynamic IP. That's a no-go for sure.
All in all, there's no way around this. You'll have to accept the continuous email verification, or else you'll just have to buy your own computer that is capable of saving cookies. We can't just disable this whole security feature for a handful of people who're using public computers to vote. That'd be the same as widely opening the doors to Incignito Browser-users with a VPN: unlimited vote cheating.