Welcome to RuneLocus

Register now to gain access to our full RSPS community. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to view all free RSPS content, submit your own and reply to existing content. You'll be able to receive reputation points, post count ranks and awards, while also communicating with others through the RSPS chat. Register now!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Raw Envy

Shoutbox messages at the top?

23 posts in this topic

I'm not sure about anyone else but I would like to see the new shoutbox messages appear at the top instead of the bottom. 

What does everyone else think?

Ive always preferred it being at the bottom to be honest as your message appears right above where you type.

19 minutes ago, Fallout said:

Ive always preferred it being at the bottom to be honest as your message appears right above where you type.

From the top would have the message appear right below where you type, as it always was before @Cart decided to change it.

My preference accually switched after Cart changed it. I think people get used to wherever the messages come from really fast.

The only real insight we can have is what Rune-Server is doing, and since they have there input box at the top, the messages also come from the top. I think if we can move the input box to the top, then we should do that along with where the messages come from, but if the input box must be at the bottom we should just leave it as is. Really no point in being different just for the sake of being different.

On 09/01/2017 at 9:45 PM, Ziek` said:

From the top would have the message appear right below where you type, as it always was before @Cart decided to change it.

I think I was the one to change it. There's a setting to make new messages appear at the top, but there's no setting to make the input field appear at the top... I find it a little annoying to have new messages appear on a big distance from the input field. Not sure how others think about that though.

3 hours ago, Ikiliki said:

I think I was the one to change it. There's a setting to make new messages appear at the top, but there's no setting to make the input field appear at the top... I find it a little annoying to have new messages appear on a big distance from the input field. Not sure how others think about that though.

I've put it at the top again, though it looks a bit off with the notice bar...

wUltX5A.png

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Cart said:

wUltX5A.png

Yeah if you were to flip the notice bar on the bottom, it would look less alien. You couldn't give people the option to flip the chat back huh?  

Edited by Droxcy

3 hours ago, Cart said:

wUltX5A.png

I don't think it looks too off. Also at least people can't really miss the notice if it appears right above the message box.